Monday 5 November 2012

Lukewarm

It's the 5th of November today and fireworks are exploding all over Finsbury Park. At least, I hope they're fireworks. It did cross my mind that there's never been a better time for a gang hit...

We are inside, in the warm(ish - I'm determined to leave the heating off til the very last moment). Fish is listening to his course videos, strange code-based things narrated by a very monotonous but reportedly brilliant German man, and I decided to come online and attempt to pick up my poor, discarded blog. We've just eaten delicious Cottage Pie, courtesy of Delia's new Waitrose recipe http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/d/delia_cottage_pie.html. Definitely worth a go, if anyone stumbles across it - though would consider adding some cheese to the mash.

Fish update (feel free to skip):
We remain horribly lukewarm, after many dramatic scenes. I veer between sadness at the idea of leaving, to anger, to fear of becoming a bitter, childless 35 yr old. However, we are chatting more and even occasionally (gasp!) having sex, so I suppose that's something. Still, for the first time I am really seeing the merit in tall, expressive Greek Tycoons with a Dark Past who Sweep a girl Off Her Feet, Out The Office and to a mansion somewhere hot. Somehow, cottage pies and monotonous German men don't quite have the swoon factor of a fictional Mediterranean principality. Especially when Fish tends to forget to actually kiss me. On the other hand, sometimes working in romance fiction can be dangerous and very few of those Greek Tycoons have a sense of humour. And Fish did buy me a balloon ride for my birthday. With champagne. So there's still romance, just less of it in everyday life. Meh. Anyway...
Boyfriend section over

November is National Novel Writing Month, where the aim is to write 50,000 words in one month. http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/regions/europe-england-london. I thought maybe I'd give it a go, shout it out to the nicely anonymous web and see if I can get to 50,000. However, that does make it fairly likely that a large percentage of the words will be gobbledegook (isn't that a lovely word - I'll do my best to use it as much as possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment