Tuesday 8 July 2014

Breaking Bad, sexy books, The Lemon Grove, wizened

I read a very sexy book yesterday: The Lemon Grove. I read so many sexy books for work that it's quite odd to find one that really gets to me, but this was shockingly hot and a little bit wrong. Amazing combo of beautiful, evocative and literary writing with sexual excess and loss of control - just gorgeous and rather a shame they've packaged it so innocently! I do hope I find someone to have amazing sex with before I grow wizened, it would be a shame not to take advantage. Just got back from a holiday in Turkey, which was difficult, but very nice in places. I hate that my dad's ill. I hate Parkinsons. I know I should be mature and supportive and good but I don't feel like that. I feel like an angry child. In other news, Mum went on her skydive on Sunday. I missed the actual jump thanks to poor planning, a terrible hangover and the apparent two and a half hour lunch break that train drivers in Peterborough like to take. Still, seeing her afterwards was nice - she was glowing and seemed way more relaxed, which was wonderful. Currently watching Breaking Bad. It depresses me as a show, but think I just need to power through to the end, it's the only way to get through of poor Jessie (*sigh) and his doomed faith in Malcolm in the Middle's dad. Here goes again, episode six of the final season - Walter is no doubt about to be a douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment