Thursday 23 April 2020

Day 37(ish) of lockdown, also known as season three of gossip girl

Well, we all continue in our houses. Today I am feeling sad. Sad and stressed and worried about work. I feel unsettled, and jealous of Maisie who has, somehow, managed to meet the love of her life in lockdown. Given that I couldn't even get a date when we were allowed out of our own houses, I feel my current chances aren't strong. Saw a tweet yesterday, 'the next time I suck a dick I'm going to cry: that's how happy I'll be.' Ah, the poetry of our times... But also, I COMPLETELY agree. What if I never do again? What if this is it and I just live with Alice and James and our broken washing up machine and never ever date or kiss or fall in love again? Also Otto, my giant blue bear from when I was a kid, has come down from on top of the wardrobe and is back on my bed, which isn't probably the greatest sign. Also I haven't showered today but am planning on it shortly. GOOD GOD I'm even boring myself.

Other news. Hmm. Things I have cooked include a very beautiful chicken tagine with preserved lemon, coriander, cumin, saffron, chicken stock, celery, leek, chickpeas, onion and garlic. Used this recipe as a kind of base: https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/chicken-legs-braised-with-preserved-lemons-olives-and-chickpeas. It was really great and I was extremely proud - I am enjoying cooking for people so much at the moment, though I currently wish very much indeed that they would do the washing up. I also am now three chakras down in the latest yoga challenge. It's actually pretty good. Today's was about intention and focus and I did genuinely feel a bit clearer and more motivated by the end of it. Also she did this weird thing where you had to balance one knee against your shoulder then jump the other one on top too. I tried it without great success.

I'm trying to buy a book that I love and don't know if I'll get. And I can't stop watching gossip girl.

Well. I think that might be the end of this inspiring update from the end of the world...  More anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment