Monday 30 March 2020

Day five: LOCKDOWN (yes we're all getting increasingly dramatic deal with it)

Am rewatching Buffy and currently we're at the point when Buffy believes she's in a mental asylum. Currently that feels like reading the news. Boris (our Prime Minister in the new reality that slowly invaded our country post-Brexit), has Coronavirus! As does, ironically, our Health Secretary, whose name I've forgotten but who is another shiny-faced 50-something rich white man.

So, what happened yesterday? The days are slightly blurring into one. I cooked breakfast - omelette with gruyere and mushrooms and a salad of kolhbari, tomatoes and radishes with a mustard vinagrette. It was very yummy if a bit too fatty on the omelette front. Then went for a long cycle to Norwood Park and then Crystal Palace park. Beautiful, hilly, hard work and very strange seeing all the boarded up shops. Sort of sad and epic and weird all at once. I've realised I often feel very dramatic when cycling around somehow. And now I'm allowed to (it is now the morning of Monday and I'm skittering helplessly between emails). Now it is the afternoon. Am panicking a bit. Scary author call coming up and mid-negotations and I need to do two offers and I'm meant to have sent highlights and UGH. Working from home is tough at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment